Acer Aspire A715-42G driver support I don't know which drivers to install.

fatiht44
fatiht44 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hello. I am using windows 10 home 64 bit. My computer model is Aspire A715-42G, this is NH.QE5EY.004. Amd ryzen 5 5500u with radeon graphics. Nvidia geforce rtx 3050 laptop gpu. There are 16 drivers on the Acer driver support page. I don't know which drivers to install. Can you help me?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Best Answers

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

You don't have to update all the drivers, go to Device manager, expand each items, right click and select Properties, move to Driver tab and compare the version with the listed drivers on the support page, if your system working without any issues, don't update drivers because in some cases old drivers are better than new drivers.

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,362 Trailblazer

Hi @fatiht44 did the computer come from the factory with Windows 10?
    Do you have a problem with any of the drivers? You can see this in the device manager, a warning symbol will appear in case of problems.
    If your PC came with Windows 10, you go to Windows Update for more driver updates, you don't really need to download drivers unless you're having trouble with one of them.
    You can also compare the currently installed driver versions with the versions on Acer's download page, if you see a newer version on Acer, you can download and install, but it's usually not necessary.
    Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• fatiht44

I looked as you said. But I'm not sure which vga drivers I should download. If you know can you help?

• fatiht44

no, it came as freedos

• fatiht44
    Answer ✓

I took a closer look at it as you suggested. I checked the versions of all the drivers and they are up to date. No need to update or download anything from acer support site. Only the bios is not up to date. I will update it. If you hadn't told me the truth, I would have done a wrong installation. Thank you for attention.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You are welcome, take care when you update BIOS, make sure that you have fully charged the battery, continue to connect with AC adapter during the update, do not touch any buttons on the keyboard or switch off the laptop, the screen may go blank during update, you don't do anything and leave the laptop alone until it reboots.