Aspire C24 1700 first five minutes then the cooling fan started, with a constant noise

gabbor
gabbor Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in All-In-One PCs
good morning everyone, yesterday I bought an Aspire C24 1700, everything was fine for the first five minutes then the cooling fan started, with a constant noise, not excessive, but it never stops while i'm working with ... I wonder if this is normal and what precautions use to eliminate this noise, thanks all
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,362 Trailblazer

Hi @gabbor the fan noise can vary according to the rotation speed and this depends on the temperature set by the CPU or GPU.
    It also depends on the power mode you have configured that the temperature rises faster and the type of applications, with a game, it will heat up more.
    Go to the control panel - power options and check what is the configured power mode, if you have "maximum performance" the processor will work at 100% and will heat up more and more quickly.
    Try using the "balanced" modes or similar and see if the fan makes less noise.
    Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• gabbor
    gabbor Member Posts: 2 New User
    thank you very much! i checked on the control panel and it's set to "balanced", i set to "best energy efficiency" but nothing changed...do you have any other suggestions for me please? Thank you!

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,362 Trailblazer

Being balanced you should not notice noise.
    If it happens as soon as the equipment is turned on, the fan should be checked in case the shaft is out of balance or is rubbing against some element.
    If the problem persists, contact Acer.
    Do you still have warranty?
    Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)