Aced Keyboard & Mouse malfunction - it’s like the function button is on&wont come off Aspire C27-165

Options
JBons
JBons Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2023 in All-In-One PCs

Hoping someone can help.
We have a relatively new Acer Aspire C27-1655 that came with wireless keyboard and mouse.

I've had this problem before but it seemed to resolve but obviously not for good.

The keyboards normally functionality is gone, for example, when I'm typing normally, it's like the function key is stuck on. Ie, press F and it comes up with the find function, press V and it pastes copied text.

As for the mouse, when I go to scroll down the page, it zooms in instead.

I tried to call Acer last time & they weren't sure why it was happening (or I wasn't explaining it correctly.)

Super frustrating! Hope someone has an answer or some ideas.

[Edited the content to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello!!

@JBons

Check Device Manager and see if the keyboard section has any exclamation faults, if it does then uninstall the driver and refresh the Device Manager by going to the top into Actions and click Scan for hardware changes and let the driver reinstall again. As there could be a partial error in the keyboards driver.

If there is no fix then contact Acer and send the keyboard and mouse back as these components are covered under your AIO C27 warranty and these problems should not be happening

Regards,

LunaNova14

Answers

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello!!

@JBons

Check Device Manager and see if the keyboard section has any exclamation faults, if it does then uninstall the driver and refresh the Device Manager by going to the top into Actions and click Scan for hardware changes and let the driver reinstall again. As there could be a partial error in the keyboards driver.

If there is no fix then contact Acer and send the keyboard and mouse back as these components are covered under your AIO C27 warranty and these problems should not be happening

Regards,

LunaNova14

• JBons
    JBons Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options