I have an Aspire XC 885 and have this 'Reboot and Select' problem

Options
Paul1962
Paul1962 Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi,

jackE ?

please advise if you can. (I'm not particularly tech). I have an Aspire XC 885 and have this 'Reboot and Select' problem. Have tried F12 key, hasn't worked, so far. seem to be different solutions and not sure which route to take.

phone pics of BIOS Setup 'Advanced tab' attached

(My PC has been updated from the original hard disc drive, to an SSD).

thank you

regards Paul

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Options

I'm confused but try to ENABLE Boot Enable as that will enable the F12 key. Do it save the bios then reboot and make your selection

• Paul1962
    Options

Don't really understand. Is Boot Enable in the 'Boot Options' tab?

I already previuosly tried F12 key without success.

• Larryodie
    Options

Sometimes you have to do an FN with the F12.

Here is a picture of mine. It's BOOT MENU.

• Larryodie
    Options

Please let us know if this works. Thanks.

• Paul1962
    Options

The boot menu is enabled. But i've noticed on the device manager that the system firmware is highlighted as having a problem. I've gone into and it says code 10. Also something that might be of note is I got a replacement hard drive (an ssd). Not sure whether I should've done anything new because of that?

• Paul1962
    Options

here is the problem

• Larryodie
    Options

That is your bios version ? Code 10 ????

I'm not sure what you're trying to do but if you want to create WIN11 on your new ssd via a USB then do this. Be sure to disable your old drive until you're done creating then you can copy/paste data that you may need ?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-installation-media-for-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d

• Paul1962
    Options

No. Code 10 is the reason or error on the system firmware (see screenshot). I was wondering though since I got a new hard drive, does that have anything to do with the issues with booting improperly?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Try uninstalling and deleting this driver:

Then restart windows. Can you send a picture of the Reboot and Select error that is showing?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Larryodie
    Options

The Bios lives on the mother board. Do an F9 RESET to factory default then F10 to save your changes.

I've never seen Bios show up in the device manager ?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, I don't understand what you mean by Reboot and Select… Is it saying it can't find the boot drive?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Larryodie
    Options

Do an F9 default then an F10 & save to get your Bios in factory mode

DISCONNECT your old drive,.

Providing that your new drive is bootable it ahould be picked up by the system

If not then ENABLE BOOT ENABLE. This will only have to be done once but the default F9 will reset.

Then either FN + F12 or F12 to change the boot order to you new drive.

It has to be BOOATABLE and your old drive disconnected until your new drive is recognized as the boot drive, then you caan reconnect.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Yes, now windows update can perform firmware update. Just wondering if microsoft is held responsible when computers turn to brick during the upgrade.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Paul1962
    Options

thank you for all the help.