How do I find local ACER support Can someone tell me how to contact local Acer support?

DKA737
DKA737 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in Windows 11

I had a question about unlocking bitlocker. The moderator said I need to contact local ACER support. No idea how to contact that local acer support.

I had contacted Microsoft. They said I needed to contact the manufacturer. I contacted Gateway which sent me to Acer.

Can someone tell me how to contact local Acer support?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,247 Trailblazer

Hi @DKA737 Contact Acer in your area for more information, thank you.
    All the best.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/languages

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• DKA737

Acer support in my area is a 2-day drive away from me. I called and talked to someone from Acer (who I could barely understand). She said I would need to call Gateway. I was on hold a long time, someone answered who I could barely understand and the call got cutoff. The recording kept saying to go to the Gateway website for faster service. Rather than calling back and hanging on for how long again I went to the Gateway website. The link to click on there was for the Acer community so here I am again. I still can't unlock bitlocker. The woman from Gateway did say that bitlocker would not have been installed on the computer from the factory (before the call was cutoff).

Microsoft couldn't help me, Acer apparently can't help me and Gateway is hopeless. Any ideas anyone?

• Alejandro_AC

I'm sorry, my intention was for you to call on the phone.
    If you had the disk encrypted, you need the decryption key, check if it is saved in the cloud:
    BitLocker recovery keys
    If you cannot recover the keys, you will not be able to access the drive.
    Microsoft. Acer or Gateway will not be able to help you in this case.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

X (Twitter)

• DKA737

I have the recovery key, But following microsoft instructions the screens did not come up like they said they would. I never got any kind of window where I could put in the recovery key. That's when microsoft said I needed to contact the manufacturer.

• Alejandro_AC

I understand, I'm sorry then I can't be of more help, wait for more answers.
    All the best.

UTC+2

X (Twitter)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

You have one of the devices that are sold through Walmart, correct? They negotiated a special deal with Acer to sell those models cheaper by providing all support directly, instead of through the gateway or Acer channels. Have you contact them for this issue? We don't even have access to specs for those models, and something like encryption really requires direct contact with the support team.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DKA737

I clicked "like" but I have to admit I didn't like your answer. Not your fault!!!!

I am not looking forward to trying to get some real help from Walmart. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

Thank you!!