Acer CB342CU - 34" curved monitor - USB-B port not working

Jbarazani
Jbarazani Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in Monitors

Hey all,

Yesterday I bought the Acer CB234CU2 - 34" curved monitor. The monitor has x4 USB-A ports for my peripherals. I've plugg in my mouse, keyboard, headphones and camera.

The monitor also has a USB-C port and a USB-B port. It was explained to me that I could run a

1. USB-C to USB-C cable from the monitor to a computer, and then all peripherals will work. I've tested this both on my laptop and desktop and it works great. They are reciving input from the mouse, keyboard and camera, and are able to output to the headphones.
  2. USB-B (monitor side) to USB-A (computer side) and that this should also allow all my peripherals to work. Unfortunately, despite trying two different USB-B to USB-A cables (both version 3.0 as required) the input from my mouse and keyboard is not getting to my computer. On the computer end I tried plugging it into three different USB-A ports, one marked 'bios', another marked '3.0' and one marked '3.1'. It worked on none of them

In the monitor settings I found a setting claled 'USB Port Select' under 'system' which has the option 'USB-B' and USB-C'. I thought this is exactly what I needed, and in fact when I swap it to USB-B, the keybmoard, mouse, etc are not longer communicating over the USB-C port as before, but unfortuantely, they also aren't communicating over the USB-B to USB-A cable.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Side note: Another small and annoying issues, is when the computer goes into 'rest mode' (not actually sleep-mode, just the monitor turning off), the the monitor turns off the power to my peripherals, meaning I can't use the mouse,or key board to 'wake' the computer. If anyone knows how I can turn this power-saving feature off that would also be appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Jbarazani
    Jbarazani Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2023

Partilly Solved - I actually just tried resetting my comptuer now that I had the Acer software installed and now when I swap to USB-B, mouse and keyboard and Camera are working, BUT, audio output to headphones isn't working :(

Any advice on the problem at the bottom of the post so (regarding the power-saving) will still be helpful. Thanks!

• About the sound, check this setting:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)