Hard Drive Upgrade on Acer Extensa I able to install a 1TB HDD in addition the 256GB SSD?

StrangeDuck
StrangeDuck Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hi there,

I am going to buy a simple laptop for my dad who is almost 80 years old.
Acer Extensa 15 Celeron N4500 8GB 256GB 15.6" is the model that I feel would work best for his needs.

My question is, with this model, am I able to install a 1TB HDD in addition the 256GB SSD?
I'd like to run his operating system and big applications off the SSD for speed, but to have data stored on the HDD.

Is this at all possible?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

StrangeDuck

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@StrangeDuck

I would like to suggest a minimum best config while purchasing the computer. Try to get a i3, or i5 processor instead of celeron. Try to get a minimum 8 gb ram and 500 gb preinstalled hdd if possible. If it is a laptop get a 15.6 full hd screen. If you are trying to purchase a desktop try to get a 24 inch full hd monitor. This will be very helpfull which watching movies and sports on the internet.

We are glad that you are showing up your interest in purchasing a brand new computer. 

Please visit the website – support.acer.com – chose your country – click on shop.   It will show you all the latest and new computers.    You can see all the models from low end to high end configurations.   You can look at all the models one by one.   Please chose the best one which suits your budget and needs.   You can also buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. 

Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   If you need more details you can call and check with them.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★