how can i install windows 10 on acer aspire 5517

Options
timothy30
timothy30 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Windows 10

how can i install windows 10 on my acer aspire 5517, 4gb ram and 250 hard drive?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,467 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @timothy30 you can install Windows 10 because the computer supports Windows 7, I recommend that you do an update on Windows 7 that I imagine is your current operating system and not a clean installation to ensure most of the drivers since you do not have for Windows 10 on the page downloads:

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=Aspire%205517&filter=global_download

In any case, surely, an installation of Windows 10 would install practically all the drivers even if they are only basic versions enough to operate correctly with the equipment.

Another advantage of upgrading from Windows 7 is that if you are not happy with Windows 10, you have a few days to revert the installation and return to Windows 7.

4GB of memory is the maximum that the device supports, you cannot add more memory:

In any case, Windows 10 manages memory well, so it works the same as Windows 7 or a little better.

All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options

»>how can i install windows 10»»

1. Go to this link and follow directions to create a Win10 USB installation stick.
    2. Shut down laptop.
    3. Then turn on laptop and immediately start tapping F2 key to enter the BIOS menu.
    4. Go to the BIOS BOOT tab and move the USB HDD up to the number 1 position.
    5. Then save setting and exit.
    6. Then shutdown laptop again.
    7. Then insert Win10 USB instanllation stick.
    8. Turn on laptop.
    9. It will take a while to boot to the USB Win10 installation menu. Then follow direction on menu.

Jack E/NJ