Predator Connect X5 external antenna not working?switched the antenna but still had the issue

Options
Tygrys
Tygrys Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited January 11 in Predator Laptops

I switched the antenna from internal to external (tested with an antenna connected to the antenna ports and without it) and nothing happened. Still have the same connection parameters RSRP and RSSI. Rebooting the router after changing the antenna switch to the external had no effect either. I expected signal loss or degradation when switched to the external antenna with no antenna connected. And some gain with an antenna connected there. Is it a bug or external antenna connectors are fake? My firmware is X5.V1.10.13_229206 if that matters.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Did you change this setting?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Tygrys
    Options

Yes, exactly this setting has no effect on the received signal - despite antenna connected or not.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Does this issue also occur when disabling security features?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Tygrys
    Options

Thank you for the answer, but how is this related to the antenna switch not working?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

It would just be to check if these security features are interfering with the antenna signal.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tygrys
    Options

Ok, thank you. I dissabled the security and still no change in antenna performance. Can you set antenna to external on your router and check if there is any change in the reception?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Unfortunately I don't own that router. Have you checked if there is new firmware available?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tygrys
    Options

The problem is with the latest firmware.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you inform the model of the external antenna and send a photo where the antenna is connected?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tygrys
    Options

Thank you for the answer.

Sorry, I'm to dumb to make a photo or connect the antenna plugs to the antenna ports.😜

I suggest to read once more the starting post of this thread and rethink your question. 😉

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

I'll try to get in touch with some moderators, to see if there is any more firmware available. It is strange that there is no signal gain when an external antenna is installed.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tygrys
    Options

Thank you. It is even stanger to have no signal degradation when antenna is disconnected on "external" settings. I have reported this to Acer support, but no answer.

• Arivud
    Arivud Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hello
    I have the exact same problem.
    The firmware is X5.V1.20.8_313207.
    The antenna used is WMM8G-7-38.

It seems that software switching to external antenna has no effect at all.
    In Fact: All reception values remain absolutely identical to the internal antenna.

The hardware of the antenna is correct, all connections as well.
    Only the TS9 connectors seem a bit shaky, I'm not sure if they connect correctly.

Anyway, if you check if the connection is lost by disconnecting the external antenna, it shows that it has no effect either.

In fact, it seems that the software of the Predator does not switch to the external antenna no matter what the setting is. I would really appreciate feedback on whether this is a software error, hardware error or an error on my part.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

I contacted the moderators and new firmware is not available for this router. Is there any setting that completely disables the device's internal antenna? Unfortunately I don't have a router for testing.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Arivud
    Options

I don't know of any setting that explicitly disables the internal antenna.
    I assume that when switching from internal to external antenna, the internal must be disabled.
    Would be helpful to know how the router works in this regard.

• Wojciechwww
    Wojciechwww Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

hi, has anyone managed to solve the problem of the external antenna not working?

I also have no effect after connecting an external antenna and setting it in the software

• Renagadesf2
    Renagadesf2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have the same problem be nice to roll back the firmware if possible, antenna ports not working

• Spelusiek
    Spelusiek Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem like you guys did someone have any fix for that?

The firmware is X5.V1.20.8_313207.

• Arivud
    Options

Unfortunately, I did not find a solution. Definitely seems to be an error from Acer.
    And or defective hardware.

My firmware is too:
    X5.V1.20.8_313207.

I hope very much for a feedback from Acer, it seems that several people are affected. Maybe all users.

• PiotrusPan72
    PiotrusPan72 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

The same problem here. I bought this router purposely to be able to connect with external antenna while it does not work… I'm very much interested in any information how to fix it.