Gpu memory stuck at 810mhz leading to increased render latency and tanked fps An515-57

Options
N8fury
N8fury Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Recently I've noticed that in every game the render latency goes over 200ms and the fps have significantly dropped and the vram clock speed is stuck at 810mhz and the gpu draws only 20w, the only workaround is to reinstall the driver (driver ver doesn't matter) in which case everything returns to normal (6000mhz vram clock an the gpu draws 75w and fps are normal) but after restarting the laptop the issue arises again.

Measures taken:

1)Used ddu to reinstall and downgrade drivers. 2)clean flashed both win 11 and win 10. 3) I've checked all the power management settings and made sure that all are set to high performance. 4) tried various versions of nvidia drivers

Laptop specifications:

An515-57, rtx 3050, Intel 11400h

The issue seems to be hardware, but since the gpu works normally when driver is reinstalled makes me think it's software.

Please help me resolve this issue, thanks in advance.

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

»»the only workaround is to reinstall the driver (driver ver doesn't
    matter) in which case everything returns to normal (6000mhz vram clock
    an the gpu draws 75w and fps are normal) but after restarting the laptop
    the issue arises again.

Did you reinstall the driver again and confirm that it's working AFTER YOU DISABLED FAST STARTUP AND COLD BOOTED AGAIN?

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Options

Hello!!

@N8fury

1. Find your monitor's refresh rate.
    2. Find out your current fps.
    3. Enable Game Mode in Windows 10.
    4. Make sure you have the latest video driver installed.
    5. Optimize your game settings.
    6. Reduce your screen resolution.
    7. Upgrade your graphics card.

Regards,

LunaNova14

• JackE
    Options

but after restarting the laptop the issue arises again

Open Control Panel. Search ‘button’. Click ‘change what the power buttons do’ in left pane. Click ‘change setting that are currently unavailable’ near top of next pane. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Save settings and exit. Re-install drivers so GPU is back to normal. Then shut down Windows normally. Wait a few seconds. Turn it back on and check speed.

Jack E/NJ

• N8fury
    Options

Thanks for responding, but this didn't change anything.

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

»»the only workaround is to reinstall the driver (driver ver doesn't
    matter) in which case everything returns to normal (6000mhz vram clock
    an the gpu draws 75w and fps are normal) but after restarting the laptop
    the issue arises again.

Did you reinstall the driver again and confirm that it's working AFTER YOU DISABLED FAST STARTUP AND COLD BOOTED AGAIN?

Jack E/NJ

• N8fury
    Options
  • JackE
    Options

Congratulations on your success. Thanks for reporting back. Please make sure System Protectection is enabled in Control Panel's restore point app just in case an errant Windows update might again cause the same issue. That way the update can be identified and reversed.

Jack E/NJ

• Parz
    Parz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I also had the same problem

Thanks for this solution

It works👍

Also anyone in the future having the same problem if you have msi afterburner uninstall it and then try this,it will works

• Drago5604
    Drago5604 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem. I have a Nitro 5 AN515-57 (i5 11400H + RTX 3050 + 8 GB RAM). I tried the above mentioned solution, but it did not work. For me, the only thing works is disabling and then re-enabling the GPU from Device Manager . Is this a hardware problem? Please help!!!

• SandeepDragon
    SandeepDragon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

no it's not a hardware problem. I faced the same issue... update your bios with latest Acer firmware. GPU will return to its original clock speed.