Where can I get a replacement DVD/cd etc Slimline for the ASPIRE TC-866 Desktop?

2inSD
2inSD Member Posts: 56 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Where can I acquire the correct REPLACEMENT internal slimline DVD writer to fit my ACER ASPIRE TC 866 ur11 DESKTOP?

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,174 Pathfinder

@2inSD

If your computer is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Additional info to contact Acer Store:  Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories.  Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• 2inSD
    2inSD Member Posts: 56 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I purchased this computer from Acer Recertified website. Just inquiring to know what Would work as a replacement for the DVD writer. I find that many computer manufacturers now do not offer replacement parts like Dell used to do.

I guess its due to the litigious society we live in. Everyone wants to shield themselves from a law suit, so the tech savy consumers who like the joy of DIY replacements suffer. too bad….🙄

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

The drive used is a standard slimline DVD, so pretty much all of them will work. The only thing remotely propritary is the bezel and that comes with the stock drive.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.