Nitro N50-600 How would I find out if my windows off your system is Transferring Windows

Chickabumpbump
Chickabumpbump Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in Windows 11

Hi all

I have an Nitro N50-600 I bought a few years ago. I will making a new PC this week, a fresh custom build.

How would I find out if my windows off your system is transferable

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084

@Chickabumpbump

Connect the flash drive or external hdd to usb port on your old computer.

click on file explorer on taskbar or try windows + e . It will open file explorer

Click on “This pc”

Click on c drive

You will see the users folder. All your pictures, music, docs, videos are kept on the Users folder on a particular user folder.

Right click on it - click on send to - chose your external hdd or flash drive It will copy the files.

Once you get the new computer - copy the contents from external device back to new computer.

Please copy it to a users folder on the new computer. You will find a user name on the Users folder.

You cannot copy programs. You have to install it or download it from internet.

If it is a customized new computer you have to first install the operating system.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer

The Windows license itself is not transferable to the new PC, you will need a Windows license for that PC.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.