'Acer Nitro VG281k' Moniter display will just trip up sometimes.

Mathew_Masoner
Mathew_Masoner Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I've had this moniter for almost a year now and most of the time I've had it, the moniter does this thing where it will be perfectly fine for a little bit and out of nowhere, the whole display turns black for 1-2 seconds and then it goes back to normal. I don't know if i need to install the drivers or not because im pretty sure I already have but maybe I did it wrong?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

I installed the WinZip Application and its asking that i register to
    download drivers and if i just try to download the single driver I need,
    it fails for no reason.

No, not WinZip!!!

Only download this driver, Then simply double click on it. It should unzip itself.

Then open Device Manager. Expand Monitor folder. Right click generic PnP monitor. Click update driver. Chose browse my computer for driver. Go to folder that you downloaded the driver zip file and double-clicked on it to unzip it.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE

What PC model number and graphics adapter are you using to drive this monitor?

Jack E/NJ

• Mathew_Masoner

Tinkerer

Lol I probably dont have those set up or anything cause I didnt even know about that stuff. Where could I find out about that stuff?

• JackE

Press WIN+R. Enter 'msinfo32'. Post screenshot of result if possible

Jack E/NJ

• Mathew_Masoner

Tinkerer

Here's the screenshot

• JackE

Download, unzip & install this driver,

Jack E/NJ

• Mathew_Masoner

Tinkerer

I installed the WinZip Application and its asking that i register to download drivers and if i just try to download the single driver I need, it fails for no reason.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

No need to use Winzip aplication, Windows will extract zip files directly from File Explorer.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓

I installed the WinZip Application and its asking that i register to
    download drivers and if i just try to download the single driver I need,
    it fails for no reason.

No, not WinZip!!!

Only download this driver, Then simply double click on it. It should unzip itself.

Then open Device Manager. Expand Monitor folder. Right click generic PnP monitor. Click update driver. Chose browse my computer for driver. Go to folder that you downloaded the driver zip file and double-clicked on it to unzip it.

Jack E/NJ

• Mathew_Masoner

Tinkerer

I got is all set up, thank you so much for your help. Theres no way I would have been able to figure this out on my own.

• JackE

Congratulations on your success. 🙂 Thanks for reporting back.

Jack E/NJ