Predator Helios 300 not detecting internal Disk Drive

Options
Keepykoon
Keepykoon Member Posts: 4 New User

This one is strange. I first got an error message that Intel Rapid Storage Tech could not detect the drive and then it was gone. I'm not great with computers but I searched the forums and did some troubleshooting. It seems to appear in the BIOS but isn't being detected by Windows 11.

I reseated the drive, but still nothing. Then I just left the laptop in sleep mode and the next time I came back I got the message that Intel Rapid Storage Tech found the drive again. I was relieved and made sure the driver was fully updated now that it was showing. However, only a few minutes later I got the message again that IRST can no longer detect it and now it's poofed again.

Does anyone know what might be at fault? Is this a disk issue or something with IRST and Windows 11. I've had 11 installed for a few months now and never had any issues before.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Download and unzip the Win10 iRST driver from this link. Then right click properties on the installation EXE executable, click the compatibility tab, and try to re-install it in Win11's Win10 compatibility mode.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

Download and unzip the Win10 iRST driver from this link. Then right click properties on the installation EXE executable, click the compatibility tab, and try to re-install it in Win11's Win10 compatibility mode.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Try this procedure:
    a) press windows+r, type msconfig, go to system initialization, activate safeboot and restart windows.
    b) then, access the bios, go to the main tab and change the sata mode to ahci.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options

Not sure about what might happen. It's now set up as a RAID.

Jack E/NJ

• Keepykoon
    Options

Thank you both, I tried Jack's solution first and, so far, everything is back to normal. Really appreciate people like you both lending help to people in need.

• JackE
    Options

Thanks for reporting back. Hope it's stable now despite Win11's flakiness. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• Keepykoon
    Options

Hey @JackE @egydiocoelho, Jack's solution worked for awhile and then the drive started failing to be recognized again (maybe after 2 weeks) I tried to reinstall the program but it didn't work this time. I then tried egydiocoelho's solution and things were fixed, but only for another week.

I was an ***** and didn't have anywhere to copy the drive to, but now I ordered a big external SSD. Do you have any other solutions that might work so I can access the drive long enough to copy its contents over?

• Keepykoon
    Options

Also, should I just give up on it, is it pretty safe to say the drive is starting to fail or could it still be some other issue?

• JackE
    Options

Please post a phone photo of the BIOS INFORMATION tab again so we can see what it looks like now.

You really need a bootable internal drive to copy anything to an external drive. A perhaps more practical method would've been to replace the faulty internal drive. Then re-install Windows on the new internal drive using Microsoft's free USB media creation tool. Then connect the faulty internal drive to a USB port with a $10 USB-to-HDD adapter, and copy whatever you can from the faulty internal drive directly to the new internal drive.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Have you checked ssd and hdd health with crystaldiskinfo yet?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)