NEWLY BOUGHT PREDATOR HELIOS THE PROBLEM IS, IT IS NOT POWERING UP OR NO POWER

Options
pengxii
pengxii Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Predator Laptops

I JUST BOUGHT MY PREDATOR HELIOS AND GOT DELIVERED TODAY 18 MAR 2023 AND THE PROBLEM IS, IT IS NOT POWERING UP OR NO POWER AT ALL EVEN IF I CHARGED IT THERE'S NO LIGHT INDICATOR ON BATTERY CHARGING. SHOULD I RETURN THIS?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options

What is the exact Predator Helios model number, also have you plugged the charger plug into the laptop properly, make sure you fully push that plug into the laptops power port and then press the power ON/OFF key as that should power your new laptop on, its very unusual that a brand new laptop does not power on at all first up.

If you did all the above and the laptop does not power on do the suggested Acer Battery Reset - Press the Power button for 10 seconds to reset the battery.

If all this does not work then you have two choices:

1. Repackage the laptop into its original box and get a mailing label from Acer in your area for a service call and send it back to Acer, or if you bought this from a computer shop, then take it back to where you bought this laptop from.
    2. If you are computer savvy and you know what you are doing and there is no warranty sticker from Acer on this laptop restricting you from opening it, then unscrew all the back cover screws, open the back case and take the main battery out and disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery and then reconnect both batteries (this resets the Super IO and BIOS chips) that should reset your laptop and make it power on and work,

If all the above doesn’t reboot your laptop, then there is an internal fault in this new laptop (which is very unusual) that Acer needs to replace this laptop with a NEW laptop, imo this is the best thing to for you to do.