Is there a way to reset the Aspire Switch without a disk

RAMWolff
RAMWolff Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in Switch Series

Hi,

I have an out of warrenty Aspire Switch I got from Amazon back in 2015. I want to give it to a friend that's interested but wanted to wipe it clean to give him a fresh start.

It's been so many years I know longer know my password for it, I've tried all that I can think of. When I DO get a screen that will allow me to change the password I get “needs a disk” sort of message. I never made a disk so I'm stuck there.

Went on YouTube to try to find another way around this but the video tells me to hold down the Ctrl and F10 key when booting in, that works to get me to a screen but all it tells me (along with some code error) that if I hit the Windows key it will take me to the restore area so I can then reset it. Tap tap tapped on the Windowd key, nothing happens. So I'm stuck.

Please let me know if there is any hope in resetting this. I can't even get into the system with my lost password so I'm really at odds with what to do here.

Thanks so much

Richard

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• RAMWolff

Hi,

It's an Acer Aspire Switch NT.L4TAA.011 and it's running Windows 10 It's a 64 bit setup as well.

• RAMWolff

Hi Again,

So I've tried everything to Create a password reset disk. The search assistant will show me a link for my system to be opened but then nothing happens when I click it. I've opened up both areas in the Control Panel and the updated Windows area for User Accounts and there is no option to create one. I've literally tried every trick on this little Acer laptop Switch but nothing works for getting me to a page or an area to create one on that. I understand security but there really should be an easier way to reset something like this to factory without being this annoyed. FFS!

I guess I'll just take a sledge hammer to it and throw in the garbase as I don't want my personal info accessed on this little device. My usual passwords do not work and I ALWAYS use ones that are simpatico on all my other Windows devices as it makes my life easier. So not sure if that some how got corrupted or what? It's very odd.

I really need some further help here.

Thanks

Richard

• RAMWolff

I may be on my way finally. I did an update for this, somehow my WiFi password was still in tact and after the update the Ctrl F-10 finally brought up the blue screen with all the settings options and so currently I'm resetting it. Hopefully it works!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Yep, that should do it. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.