Acer Swift SF113-31 No Bootable Device error

Options
andyyd
andyyd Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi, hope someone can help out on this one.

I have a Swift SF113-31 that is showing ‘No Bootable device’

I have tried resetting the cmos using the battery pin hole underneath and then entering BIOS and using F9 to restore default settings but no change.

I have enabled F12 boot menu but restarting and entering the boot menu shows empty.

I have read on other threads about setting the Boot Mode from UEFI to Legacy but am reluctant to do this as it's a fairly new laptop so shouldn't be needed and I've read that Legacy can mess up the current Windows install too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[Edited the content to add model name and to hide sensitive information]

Best Answer

Answers

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello!!

Just saying “Swift 1” is says nothing! There are allot of variables that cause "No bootable device" or "can't chose Legacy/UEFI because there is No ssd no usb also" sort of putting more simplify.

Anyway, try this solution from here: “FIX: No boot device available on Windows 10”   and go through the steps to get you going.
    https://windowsreport.com/no-boot-device-available/

Regars;

LunaNova14

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023
    Options

But the first ten digits of your serial number, as displayed, give us everything we need to know about your system. The NX.GNLEK.003 part number is a SF113-31-P7Q4 model. Yours came with a 128GB SSD rather than the 64GB eMMC drive that the lower end versions had. That means it's less likely to be a drive failure, but we can't rule that out yet. The fact that the drive serial number isn't showing in the BIOS gives a different indication. Typically when it's not displayed it's because the drive doesn't report that during POST, which does point to a drive failure. :(

Your system supports an M.2 SATA drive in whatever size you can afford. That will likely be the solution, but let's do some diagnostics first to verify. Create a Windows install image on a different system and make sure the BIOS has the F12 Boot Menu enabled. Put the install flash drive in a USB port and use F12 to select it for booting. On the second screen choose the Repair option and navigate to the command prompt. Use DISKPART to try and get a look at the drive. List Disk, Select Disk, List Volume, List Partition are all commands you can use to see the state of the drive. Show us the results of the list commands and we'll go on to the next steps as appropriate.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.