ACER ASPIRE Z3-615 How to disable discrete graphic card as it is causing system to freeze/slow

Options
Maxli86
Maxli86 Member Posts: 2 New User

Dear ACER,

I wonder is there any way to diable the discrete graphic card for ACER ASPIRE Z3-615.
I understand ACER have mentioned for this model, there is a BIOS update to address the system freezing issue.
Unfornuately even on the latest BIOS the issue is still there so is there any way to access the BIOS
option to disable the discrete graphic card?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,164 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Open NVIDIA Control panel(right click on an empty space in Desktop), click 3D settings in the left pane, select Integrated Graphics in the right pane as shown in the picture, click Apply at the bottom of the window, do the same for Physx as well as shown in the picture, again click Apply and close NVIDIA Control panel.

• Maxli86
    Maxli86 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I doubt it will work as the Nvidia graphic I suspect it to be faulty especially during driver installation it will blue screen
    than restart.
    So I don't think the Nvidia control will help but I can give it a try.

• Myškys
    Myškys Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Here's a general procedure on how you can try it: (The following procedure may be slightly different depending on your operating system and BIOS version.)

1. Open Device Manager: press the keyboard shortcut "Win + X" and select "Device Manager" from the menu.
    2. Expand the "Display Adapters" section and you will see a list of available graphics cards. One should be integrated (e.g. Intel HD Graphics) and the other discrete (e.g. NVIDIA or AMD).
    3. Right-click on the discrete graphics card and select "Disable Device". This should temporarily disable the discrete graphics card.
    4. Save changes and restart: Make sure to save any changes and restart your computer. After the reboot, the discrete graphics card should be inactive and the computer should use only the integrated graphics.