Aspire 5 A515-57-57Y8 BIOS problem ? sleep mode problem

Options
vincentauoc
vincentauoc Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in Aspire Laptops

I bought Aspire 5 A515-57-57Y8 last September, there are two problems, firstly, the power LED never flash when try to put it to sleep mode by pressing the power button , only the screen and the power LED are off ( the longest time for the power LED to turn off was 10 minutes while charger is pluged), the wifi and BT are always connected while power LED is off. Secondly, the speed of Type_C port is very slow, only around 30MB/s. Acer replaced the main board and another mode (Acer-A515-57-567T), but problems still exist. I guess it is BIOS problem. Lastly, Acer refuse to repair anymore or refund (Acer claimed that i am the only one to complain about this ). Does anyone has the same problem like me ?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,439 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Options

The Bios chip lives on the main board.

FN Key + F2 is sleep mode.

I would say that the speed of the USB port is governed by the device that is hooked to it .

• vincentauoc

Tinkerer

Options

did not work even choose sleep from windows start bar

• vincentauoc

Tinkerer

Options

didn't work even click the sleep from windows start bar. Aspire A514-52 works pretty good.

• vincentauoc

Tinkerer

Options

I bought Aspire 5 A515-57-57Y8 last September, there are two problems, firstly, the power LED never flash when try to put it to sleep mode by pressing the power button , only the screen and the power LED are off ( the longest time for the power LED to turn off was 10 minutes while charger is pluged), the wifi and BT are always connected while power LED is off. Secondly, the speed of Type_C port is very slow, only around 30MB/s. Acer replaced the main board and another mode (Acer-A515-57-567T), but problems still exist. I guess it is BIOS problem. Lastly, Acer refuse to repair anymore or refund (Acer claimed that i am the only one to complain about this ). Does anyone has the same problem like me ?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,014 Trailblazer
    Options

Just in addition, I've got the same laptop A515-57-56UV and it works perfectly with the last Date: 2023/03/15 bios version 1.19, when the laptop is put to sleep, the screen goes off and when you close the lid it takes about 3 seconds or less for the laptop to completely turn off and go to sleep.

You need to update all the windows updates and install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant scan and get all drivers up to date on this laptop. I don't know the exact specs of your Aspire 5 but mine is a i5-1235U- Intel Iris Xe Graphics - 16GB RAM - 512GB Hynix PCIe 3 x4 M.2 SSD and this works perfectly with all the latest Win-11 updates.

• vincentauoc

Tinkerer

Options
  • vincentauoc

Tinkerer

Options

does the power LED flash ?

• OHLcenter
    OHLcenter Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options

Hello @vincentauoc,

I have the Acer Aspire A515-58M-77DY, purchased on March 7, 2024. And the problem with sleep mode is exactly the same. I've already tried all the settings, even updating the BIOS up to 1.08. But it didn't work :-(

As a possible solution, I switched from sleeping mode to hibernation mode, this mode is a little slower because your data is not saved to the DDR memory, but to the hard drive. But at least this mode works...