My Nitro 5 is lagging I tried to switch it off but it also lagged while switching off.

Anuj195
Anuj195 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in Nitro Gaming

I have Acer Nitro 5 and today it was rained heavily and then I went with my day and remembered about my laptop later in the day. Luckily it wasn't drenched in water but you could see that water has reached till it. Then I started my laptop but it took a long time to start and was lagging too much so I tried to switch it off but it also lagged while switching off. I think the water has affected my laptop. What can I do

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,247 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi @Anuj195 the first thing is not to turn it on again since it is not good for electronics with humidity.
    The second thing is to take it to a technical service so that they disassemble the equipment and check the damage caused by humidity and can proceed to dry and eliminate humidity.
    Once done, they will be able to assess whether it has caused significant damage.
    Greetings.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,247 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi @Anuj195 the first thing is not to turn it on again since it is not good for electronics with humidity.
    The second thing is to take it to a technical service so that they disassemble the equipment and check the damage caused by humidity and can proceed to dry and eliminate humidity.
    Once done, they will be able to assess whether it has caused significant damage.
    Greetings.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator

Hello!!

@Anuj195

The first step should have been not to switch the device on at all without proper evaluation.
    Any micro water particle can cause internal shorting.
    I advise you to take your device to an Acer repair center .

Regards,

LunaNova14