My laptop predator Helios 300 (ph315-53 i710750h rtx 3060) just died recently #rip

Kh4LiS
Kh4LiS Member Posts: 1 New User

I used to game atleast 5 hours a day and the cpu used to go temperatures of 90°C (i know it's bad) but I had no other way of gaming in a better environment as I was away from home for educational purposes.

I was playing rainbow siege recently and the lap fully turned off on its own without showing any life. It wasn't charging and not turning on. Then I tried hard reset by removing the battery and holding the power button for a minute. Then again it didn't work. The next day it turned on but only keyboard backlighting and display lights where working, and charging is also possible.

As the warranty was over I gave it to a nearby service centre. They said it might be a problem with the power ic(integrated circuit) and upon diagnosing it was something more disastrous. There is no power supplying to the cpu as a part related to powering the cpu has been burned.

How i wish I had the extended warranty as now it turns out it's not repairable and motherboard has to be replaced. Please be safe when gaming and be sure to check your temperatures and outlet power supply as motherboards are very costly.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

be sure to check your temperatures

Good advice. Thanks for posting your unfortunate experience with overheating issues.

Jack E/NJ