AN617-61 Screen Backlight stop working so I bout a new replacement 30pin harness still no backlight

Options
Dazenlucki
Dazenlucki Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Wife dropped her nitro, backlight stop working so I bout a new replacement 30pin harness still no backlight in display. Put a new screen in today still no backlight. I can see the screen while I hold a flashlight to it. Please help

Model: AN617-61-66YW

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023
    Options

Are you sure that your Nitro 17” model laptop is the AN617-61-66YW (as there is no such model) have a look at the back sticker for the model and SNID numbers again, as its probably the AN517-51-xxxx,

The problems could be that you got the wrong screen or the laptops eDP cable plug is burnt out or has damaged pins at the mobo end that is stopping the “Backlight bulbs” from making a full connection and getting power.

Also, did you get the correct screen for this laptop? As the best way to get the correct and exact screen is to take the old screen out and see the reference numbers on the back sticker of your old screen.

This is the best screen site to buy screens from, as they give a great reference to all the appropriate screens for a laptop like yours, its LS SCREENS as there are 4x different types of screens that Acer fits to this laptop and they are:

These are the Acer listed 17”screens fitted to the Nitro AN515-51

Vendor/Model name LED Screens - Slim, eDP, FHD, IPS:

B173HAN04.0 – 40 pin video connector at 144Hz refresher rate

N173HCE-G33 - 40 pin video connector at 144Hz refresher rate

LP173WF5-SPB3 - 30 pin video connector at 60Hz refresher rate

NV173FHM-N46 - 30 pin video connector at 60Hz refresher rate

Screen Diagonal (mm): 438.16 mm

Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Note: whenever you change the screen on any laptop, always unplug the main battery FIRST before you do anything and never unplug the screen plug from the mobo first with the battery connected, it’s the same changing and plugging in the new screen, never have the main battery plugged in, as and if you do, then the new screen will not work and its backlights will burn out.

• Dazenlucki
    Dazenlucki Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

your correct it's AN517-51-56YW lol I hit the wrong number. What's the best way to check the eDP ?