Acer Aspire Desktop D17W6 Random black screen can't find a resolution anywhere.

Ceridwen999
Ceridwen999 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Aspire Desktop, model D17W6, running Windows 11. Once a day, usually in the morning, it will go to a black screen suddenly while I'm using the computer. I can still hear audio if some is playing, and I can get beeps, so I know the PC is running. I can shut off the monitor and turn it back on and get the Acer logo but it is still a black screen. Sometimes if I wait, the desktop will come back and I can go on about my business as usual. Sometimes it comes back on and some of my programs are closed, like Word, and I lose unsaved work. Sometimes it won't come back and I have to do a hard restart. I have tried replacing my HDMI cable, I purchaed a brand new ACER monitor to replace the HP monitor I had previously hoping it was a compatibility issue, but that hasn't worked. and I have manually downloaded the most recent grapics drivers straight from ACER, completely removing the old drivers first and then installing the new ones. I'm at a loss as to what to do. I can't find this problem anywhere on the web because most people have a problem of a black screen on start up. Mine will start just fine and let me use it for a few hours and then it happens. Some days it doesn't happen at all. There's no rhyme or reason to it. What can I do??

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer

Search ‘sleep’ in Windows start menu. Click sleep setting near top of menu. Post screenshot of result if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• Is your model the xc-830?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Yeah, D17W6 doesn't tell us anything in regards to the actual model number. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.