Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 i want to get extra gaming performance and Disable optimus

Thijmen6578
Thijmen6578 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello acer community

I have a question about my laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 i want to get extra gaming performance and so i want to disable optimus i dont know how i looked to different tuturials on youtube but no one of thema worked for me the only way that worked for me is an external monitor and i dont wanna buy an monitor only for extra gaming performance so is there a Mux switch or a way to fix this (one thing i dont want to do is update my bios because i have no experience with that so it will be apriciated if there is a way without updating bios)

Kind regards Thijmen

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,884 Trailblazer

Why do you want to disable the NVIDIA Optimus? As this setting improves the ability of your laptop to perform much better with its dedicated gpu for high end gaming and software’s, just like the GeForce Experience that has individual ultimate NVidia settings for their many utilised games.

If you want to disable NVIDIA Optimus, you need to go into NVidia Control Panel and go to Program Settings for all software’s that have the “High-performance NVIDIA processor” and change them to “Use global settings (Auto select: Integrated)” as the "High-performance NVIDIA processor” settings uses the NVIDIA Optimus technology that automatically optimizes your notebook PC for the dedicated gpu, providing the ultimate graphics performance you need, when you need it, all the while extending battery life for longer life just like the integrated gpu does.

Btw, I’ve got all my software set to be optimised by the NVIDIA Optimus and also installed the GeForce Experience running the latest Nvidia Games ready driver for Win-11 for the RTX3050 version 531.18 WHQL driver and this setup works impeccably well and perfectly with my Nitro AN515-56 - i7-11370H/RTX3050/32GB (2x16 DDR3200Mhz) and a 1TB WD SN750 M.2 SSD PCIe 3 x4, this is for all the games I play like Battlefied V, F1 2022, rFactor 2 and Dirt Rally 2.0 that I play not only on this laptop but my high end gaming desktop also and I don't have any problems of fps drops, crashing, overheating etc etc especially with my desktop.