keyboard delay only when releasing keys I cannot find answer in online that doesn't say about update

wyvy64
wyvy64 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in Predator Laptops

it feels like im the only person in history with this issue as i cannot find any answer online that does not say something about updating drivers or deleting drivers and rebooting. the delay isnt massive but its enough to be noticable and is noticably annoying and ive spent almost a year trying to find a solution to this problem and i have found squat. if someone could please help me out here that would be great. thx

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Is there a delay in NotePad?

Jack E/NJ

• Have you checked this setting yet?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • wyvy64

Tinkerer

yes, it's a problem with my laptop, not with where im typing

• wyvy64

Tinkerer

I have checked that setting, and repeating a letter by holding it down is not related to the issue that i am having. the issue that i am having is that there is a delay when i release a key.

• Is your model the sf314-59?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • wyvy64

Tinkerer

my laptop is the acer nitro 5, i dont know what you mean by the sf314-59 model

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

I also occasionally get key-strike delays. But almost always on-line or if there is an intensive background process running. The delay varies. Most of the time, the key-strike delay is hardly noticeable. Almost instantaneous. But sometimes the delay may be quite noticeable —- a second or two before the key character actually appears on the screen.

Is this what you experience?

Jack E/NJ

• Can you provide the exact model? Example: AN515-55-5890. It is sometimes possible to fix keyboard issues with a bios update.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer