Acer nitro 5 An515-42 Blue screen of death and graphics card is not detected only Vega 8 detected.

RAHUL_BISWAS
RAHUL_BISWAS Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello everyone I have a Acer nitro 5 An515-42 with Ryzen 5 2500u and amd Rx560x. Whenever I go to install the driver or do anything else it shows me the blue screen of death and driver power state failure and it does not detect my RX 560x I have tried many fixes and have reinstalled my OS and completely new OS but nothing seems to work at all. It does not show up in device manager and only Vega 8 shows I have tried disabling Vega 8. But still no show. And whenever it shows my RX 560x only a few minutes later the blue screen of death shows up.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,404 Trailblazer

Hi @RAHUL_BISWAS Is the driver you are installing the one provided by Acer or by the graphics manufacturer?

Thanks.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• RAHUL_BISWAS

Hi @Alejandro_AC yes I've installed both the drivers from Acer's own and amd's own website respectively and I've used both cleanup utility and DDU to remove drivers,peculiarly the gpu shows up on DDU when uninstalling but not in device manager.

• RAHUL_BISWAS

Hi @Alejandro_AC yes I've installed both the drivers from Acer's own and amd's own website respectively and I've used both cleanup utility and DDU to remove drivers,peculiarly the gpu shows up on DDU when uninstalling but not in device manager.

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,404 Trailblazer

Only drivers provided by Acer for their laptops should be used, the reason is simple, only Acer drivers are custom built to work with their computers.
    Acer provides the graphics card manufacturer with the data to tailor the driver to ensure optimal performance.
    That said, it is recommended to use Acer's and not AMD's.
    My recommendation is to uninstall and install the ones provided by Acer and go to Windows Update every day for future updates.
    I am also not a supporter of using cleaning applications, they are not really necessary.
    Is the driver you installed from Acer the one on the next page?

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?filter=global_download&search=Nitro%20AN515-42
    Greetings.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• darwinlokoloko
    darwinlokoloko Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2023

did you fix your problem @RAHUL_BISWAS? i have the same exact problem, im using nitro 5 an515-43 with 3550h vega 8 cpu and rx560x dgpu. everytime the dgpu appears on the device manager it will randomly crash resulting to power state failure