Helios 300 ph315-55 audio issues.

Options
glenroebuck
glenroebuck Member Posts: 4 New User

Everything about this laptop is great except for one. I use it for work as well as play. My previous laptop was an Asus. I use an LG-GP9 with it for all of my conference calls (teams/zoom etc). Ever since I switched, people tell me I sound muffled or far away. Nothing has changed ont eh position of my LG device. I tried every usb port even the TB port. I called a co-worker and asked them to describe what it was. He said you sound muffled and there is a fan noise or white noise coming through. I took out my old Asus and set it right on top of the Acer and plugged in the LG device and called him back. He said whatever I did fixed it, I sounded clear again and no fan noise. So it's the Acer. I googled sound problems on Acer and found a host of issues, put nothing specifically about this. If I cannot resolve it I am taking it back. I love it but I can't have this muffled issue as 90% of my job is meetings.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you use any bluetooth headphones? What is the headphone model?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you use any bluetooth headphones? What is the headphone model?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • glenroebuck
    Options

Sorry I hit yes by mistake. The issue is not fixed. I do use bluetooth headphones - JBL is the brand and the audio is fine. I don't have an issue wtih audio playback this is a microphone issue. It happens with a stand alone speaker mic combo unit connected via USB. There is some kind of feedback or static coming though it.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

OK! There are several JBL models. Can you be more specific? Example: JBL Tune 510BT.
    Has this problem started recently? Have you tried updating the drivers and bios to try to solve the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• glenroebuck
    Options

I am not sure you understand. It is not a headphone issue. The issue is with an external sound bar/mic the LG-GP9. It is connected via USB not bluetooth. I mean is you must know it is the JBLClub950NC but again that has nothing to do with the LG-GP9

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Does this problem also occur when you plug the headset into the USB port while the battery is being charged?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• glenroebuck
    Options

It is not a head set it is a USB sound bar with mic. On a different laptop (asus) same set up the people tell me my voice is crystal clear. Plug it into the Helios and boom same app (teams) same device LG sound bar, I sound muffled and soft. I have all the mic settings I can the same and identical. Two Laptops, same OS, same settings, same external device, one is muffled *Acer one is crystal clear, (the old asus model).