Acer ConceptD 5 CN516-72g TPM issue i upgraded my ssd to 1t and since than i couldnt install windows

AmitA93
AmitA93 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hello everyone,I've recently bought an Acer ConceptD 5 CN516-72g laptop

i had installed windows 11 and everything was just fine,
i upgraded my ssd to 1t and since than i couldnt install windows 11 cause i have no TPM

important note*** i have latest BIOS verison & all windows 10 updates ****

i been searchin on BIOS for TPM but there is nothing

i must says the bios looks kinda empty to other bios i've seen in the past years

BIOS version 1.06

now i guess it has to be something with my new ssd cause before it were workin just fine

i using WD SN770 1TB gen 4 SSD

any clues what can be done ?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• mollytrend599
    mollytrend599 Member Posts: 1 New User

Very useful post! This article provides better information. requirements

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,933 Trailblazer

Your CN516-72G should work with Win-11 perfectly and this laptop has the required TPM 2.0 for Win-11, there should be no issues with TPM, the TPM should be in the BIOS >Security section and its settings should be like this and like most new laptops, below is from a Nitro 5 AN515-56 and this is what you should have:

• AmitA93

Tinkerer

Hey,Thanx for the response

note that windows 11 was workin on the laptop before i replaced to a new SSD
    and now i dont have any of these TPM options in bios i searched bios for like 30minutes and tried everything

• StevenGen
    edited March 2023

Your problem has got nothing to do with TPM or the BIOS! When you do a Clean Install of Win-11, you have to install the M.2 IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver from the Drivers & Manuals ConceptD 5 CN516-72G laptop especially with a new M.2 hard drive, as the new M.2 drive has to be recognised with this driver otherwise its not shown, this is done in the Custom Install Windows only (advanced) >Load driver and then format the new M.2 boot drive within the Win-11 installation process and then you are ready to go on with the Win-11 installation, see the captions below.

To do a Clean Install of Win-11 do this:

1. Download the IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver Version: 18.3.0.1003 onto another separate USB.
    2. Start the Win-11 installation from a installation USB.
    3. When you get to the format section you will see in the list that your new M.2 drive is not recognised
    4. Go to “Load driver” and install the RST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver Version: 18.3.0.1003
    5. As after you install this driver your new M.2 SSD driver will be recognised
    6. Then continue the Win-11 Installation

After the install make sure that you have all the windows OS updated and install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and do a scan with that, this uopdates all Intel drivers to their latest Win-11 drivers versions that Win-11 doesn’t update, then download the latest NVidia graphics driver for your laptop from NVidia. After you have done all this, check Device Manager if there are any drivers that have an exclamation mark besides them, if they do then get the obsolete drivers from the this laptops Ace Driver & Manuals page. That is all that you have to do, as your laptops new M.2 is not being recognised as you need to update the IRST driver. Good luck as this will fix your solution.

• AmitA93

Tinkerer

edited March 2023

Hlloe,Thats exactly what i did i couldnt frind the ssd so i been told to get IRST and i did.. it recognised the ssd but it did not let me instal windows 11.. so i had to install 10
    and after i installed windows 10 i tried to upgrade to 11 and it said i missing tpm and came to this.. and in bios i cannot find any TPM option

• StevenGen

How are you installing Win-11? As you need todo this:

Making a Bootable Windows 11 Install Disk with Rufus

You will need to create a bootable Windows 11 install disk from the data in your Windows 11 ISO file. For that, you'll need an empty USB Flash drive that's at least 8GB.

To write or "burn" your ISO file to a USB Flash drive, it's best to use Rufus, a free, third-party utility that will take care of arranges the partitions properly and making the disk bootable. You can also use Rufus to bypass Windows 11's TPM and Secure boot requirements if you choose.

1. Connect your USB Flash drive. Please note that you will be erasing all the data on it.

2. Download and launch Rufus(opens in new tab) (it does not install).

3. Select your USB drive if it's not already selected by default.

4. Click Select and choose the ISO file from your storage drive. 

5. Create a second partition and format it as NTFS. It should take all the remaining disk space.

6. Check remove requirement for TPM, 4GB and data collection if you want. These are optional, but recommended and you must click Ok

7.  Click Ok if warned that the process will destroy all data on your USB Flash drive. 

Try this and see if Win-11 installs, as after all the above

• bobbybrown
    bobbybrown Member Posts: 1 New User

Create Windows 11 bootable USB using Rufus with existing ISO file

1. Open Rufus' website.
    2. Under the “Download” section, click the link to download the latest version.
    3. Double-click the Rufus. ...
    4. Under the “Device” section, use the drop-down menu and select the USB flash drive to create the Windows 11 bootable media.

Then You can also check howtousespotify