predator Helios 300 (PH315-53-72W3) Charging and power light blinking while gaming

Options
Suhailahmed_10
Suhailahmed_10 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in Predator Laptops

I have a predator Helios 300 (PH315-53-72W3) which I purchased in India Recently I moved to Canada and have an issue while gaming, the power light and charging lights starts blinking I then lose performance on my system it was not an issue before recently started I checked my battery health and it was pretty good. If I unplug and plug it back in it's starts working but then few minutes later same thing again any idea or advice how do I solve this problem . Have been struggling a lot with this.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options

This is normal under heavy gaming loads when the battery must occasionally help the charger meet the power demand. During those times the battery will actually be discharging and the LEDs will blink orange and blue. Once battery charge level drops below about the 50% level, battery charging takes precedent over gaming power demand and throttling will start to happen. Time to stop gaming and allow battery to charge back to 100% for maximum gaming time under heavy load.

Jack E/NJ

• Suhailahmed_10
    Suhailahmed_10 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Even when my battery is full I have the same issue the battery is completely charged and then when I game within 5 mins when the battery is like 90% I face this issue

• JackE
    Options

Yes, that's what is supposed to happen. The battery is discharging even when 100% full and plugged in. It will keep discharging under heavy loads even when plugged in until it discharges to about the 50% level. Then gaming performance drops because charging the battery takes precedent. Then you have to stop gaming and allow the battery to charge back to 100% before you start gaming again. The cycle continues until the battery discharges to 50% level. Then you have to stop gaming again and allow the battery to charge back to 100% before resuming gaming.

Jack E/NJ

• morpheusneo
    morpheusneo Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options

My predator is going to this blinking blue and amber state as soon as I turn on the laptop. I don't even have to be gaming. It's always in this state when it's powered on. any ideas on this one? Thanks. PH315-53

• JackE
    Options

If it shuts off shortly after pulling the charger's plug, probably needs a new battery.

Jack E/NJ