stylus that will actually work with acer T272HL Widescreen LCD Touchscreen Monitor

Options
seanincali
seanincali Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I use T272HL Widescreen LCD Touchscreen Monitor at school for teaching. I bought a BoxWave Stylus Pen Compatible with Acer T272HL (27") to use with it hoping it will help me write on the powerpoint slides

It turned out the boxwave doesn't work as expected. The liens are broken up unless you really press down hard on it and there really is hardly any control.

Is there any stylus that I can buy that will allow me to write on my powerpoint slides liek I would with a pen (to a reasonable accuracy and control)

Any help is much appreciated.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,582 Trailblazer
    Options

If it the BoxWave1434-16744-10305 model, perhaps you simply got a lemon pen. Did you fully charge its battery before use?

Jack E/NJ

• seanincali

Tinkerer

Options

i didn't charge it fully, no, but the following is the one i purchased. I have no idea if it's the model you're referring to.

https://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-T272HL-Stylus-AccuPoint-Electronic/dp/B07NDN5PT7

• JackE
    Options

Yes, that's the 1434-16744-10305 model. Try charging its battery. Does the screen seem to work OK by touch?

Jack E/NJ

• seanincali

Tinkerer

Options

The screen works fine by touch with expected accuracy (about as accurate as using the mesh tip). I did receive a replacement whichh wasn't much better than the one it replaced. I'll have to try charging it to full next week. I teach on tue/thu, so I won't be able to test it out. I've attached a screencap of what happens with both styluses when I tried to make lines/writing.

I tried to make smooth curves using the besh tip using a rnomal pressure. Then in the niddle is the fine tip using about the same pressure. And at the bottom is using a lot of pressure to keep the finetip fully depressed. So far it doesn't seem possible to use it as a pen.

• JackE
    Options

»»I did receive a replacement whichh wasn't much better than the one it replaced. I'll have to try charging it to full next week»»

Why can't you charge it now?

Jack E/NJ

• seanincali

Tinkerer

Options

I'm currently off campus, and won't be on campus until Tuesday. so no point in charging something I can't test until Tuesday.

• seanincali

Tinkerer

Options

Ok. I have tried it with the fully charged stylus, and no luck... meshtip is smooth but no fine control as you would expect. Fine tip doesn't draw a line continuously unless I press down the tip very hard. Maybe the monitor has an update for the driver to make it work better in your case? I have no idea

• JackE
    edited March 2023
    Options

Sorry, no updates at this link yet as far as I can tell. However, the users manual also available at that link suggests that for the touchscreen & USB function to work, you need to connect the USB cable to the PC, as well as connecting through a VGA, DVI or HDMI cable.

Jack E/NJ

• Atonal
    Atonal Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Any updates to this query?

I have tried Adonit Dash 3 and it didn't work well. You have to really till it to make it work and even then it is hard to create an unbroken line.

Just for the sake of testing, I tried with Surface Pen Gen 1 and of course didn't work!