Acer X32 FP bug when calibrating it via software Acer Display Widget

Options
sblantipodi
sblantipodi Member Posts: 46 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Hi, I just received an X32 FP monitor.

When calibrating the monitor with a colorimeter using the Acer Display Widget the RGB Gain set in the app is different from the settings I see in the monitor OSD.

If I set R=50,G=49,B=49 in Acer Display Widget
monitor uses R=49,G=48,B=46,

this makes Acer Display Widget useless for calibrating the monitor and for managing the RGB Gain in general.

Please fix it. :)

Answers

• sblantipodi
    Options

apart this Acer Display Widget does not let you enable disable Adaptive Dimming, it's pretty useless in this state.

• sblantipodi
    Options

I prefer to use the monitor with Adaptive dimming disabled when not using HDR contents, in this way enabling and disabling HDR is a real pain…

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,563 Trailblazer
    Options

So update the firmware to 010 like I suggested in one of your other threads to see if it resolves the annoyances.

Since you're first impressions of this machine were less than expected (even before you received it yesterday) due to not having a fan, and HDR & RGB control annoyances, and since you just got this monitor yesterday, then I suggest as one Acer user to another, that you immediately return it to the vendor as not meeting your expectations for a refund or exchange on something you might be be happier with. We're not Acer employees or technical service reps on these forums, So asking other Acer users to fix the Acer apps or firmware isn't gonna go too far. Sorry.

Jack E/NJ

• sblantipodi
    Options

I'm using the latest firmware.
    Is there a way to ask Acer for a fix? I can't find a way in their site to contact them directly.

• sblantipodi
    Options

if you can please close this thread, I made a thread for recappinig all the issues.
    Hope that this will help other users before buying this monitor.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,563 Trailblazer
    Options

»»Is there a way to ask Acer for a fix? »»

Since it's still under warranty, you can go to this link. Choose your country where you purchased it. Click the support link at the top of the country page. Enter the monitor's serial number id(SNID) and use the chatline or phone number provided to ask an Acer customer service rep how you can do this or who you can contact to reach those involved in app & firmware coding.

Jack E/NJ