How do I deactivate my laptop's built in battery please? My laptop is A715-75G

cyl2chan
cyl2chan Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hello. How do I deactivate my laptop's built in battery please? My laptop is A715-75G

[Edited the content to add issue detail]

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder

@cyl2chan there is no option to disable the battery without opening the back cover and unplugging it. Why do you need to disable the battery?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • cyl2chan

Tinkerer

edited March 2023

@AnhEZ28 Thx for reply!

My Virtual Box is running slow. So I follow the instructions here: https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=99390

it said "These devices may have a BIOS switch that can "deactivate" the battery".

I have followed the instructions without deactivating the built in battery. And my VM is still showing the green turtle icon as suggested in the link.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

Your A715-75G is a fairly old system, how much memory do you have installed and what type and size of drive? You may be using enough memory with the VM to be swapping to disk. Disabling the battery won't help with that at all.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • cyl2chan

Tinkerer

Thanks for your reply! How can I check how much memory I have installed and the type and size of drive?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

Fire up Task Manager and go to the Perfromance tab. You will be able to see the memory and drive types from there. At the same time you can see how much memory is in use. So for mine right now:

I have 16GB of memory, 76% of which is in use, a SSD and a removable (in the case SD card) installed. If you can show the same for yoours it would help with the diagnosis.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • cyl2chan

Tinkerer

@billsey

Thanks for your reply! Below is my screenshot of my laptop's memory. So is the statement "You may be using enough memory with the VM to be swapping to disk" true? What do u mean by swapping to disk? And what should I do?

• cyl2chan

Tinkerer

Can someone reply me in this post pleeeeeeeeeeeease??

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder

@cyl2chan try to look at the CPU tab or use LeoMoon CPU-V to determine if the VT-X is enabled.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023

For the Aspire A715-75G laptop the best way to increase performance for its Virtual Box is to upgraded the ram and M.2 SSD drive AND NOT the BATTERY disconnected! The battery will do nothing to increase this laptops speed with the Virtual Box, I'm running an Oracle virtual box on a much older laptop and it works perfectly with 16GB total ram and a 2.5"SATA SSD drive.

I don't know what ram you are using? As the ram that you have shown in Task Manager below that is running at 16GB (2x 8GB modules) at speed 2933Mhz with Slots used: 2 fo2 in Task Manager, means that you have two different speed ram modules fitted into this laptops 2x ram slots, example you must have a 1x DDR4-3200MHz and a 1x 8GB module of DDR4-2666MHs ram, that is why you are getting the Task Manager Speeds: 2933Mhz.

The best is to do these upgrades if you want your laptop to run at its peak performance.

1. Upgrade the memory to a 32GB kit and fit the Crucial 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 SODIMM at DDR4-3200 • CL=22 • NON-ECC • SODIMM • 260-pin • 1.2V • 2Rx8/1Rx8 • PC4-25600
    2. As this laptop has a PCIe 3 x2 M.2 SSD port that its read/write speed are at max 2000MB/s, you can fit a mid range M.2 SSD drive of the PCIe 3 x4 type like a WD SN550 M.2 SSD that comes in capacities from 250GB to 1TB that has a read speed of 2400MBps and write speed of 1950MBps which will give you the best performance for your M.2 port drive.

Btw, Acer fits oem a slower PCIe 3 x4 drives with speeds of write max: 1145 MB/s and read max: 2200 MB/s drives that you can also fit (if you can get them?) which are the 250GB HYNIX - HFM256GDJTNG8310A or the 512GB KINGSTON - OM8PCP3512F-AA.

Make sure that all your windows updates are up to date, your Intel drivers and NVidia drivers are up to date also, as combination of all will contribute to this laptop running vertual box properly.

Aspire A715-75G Specs