Acer Aspire 3 N19C1 Bios issue. Cannot boot from windows install USB

Options
Dinesh0705
Dinesh0705 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi Guys, Can someone please assist me with the correct BIOS settings fr the Acer Aspire 3. i have tred everything i can think of to boot from USB to do a fresh instal but nothing is working.Bios Version 5.0Tried the following:

1. Used Rufus version 2.11.995 and converted USB to GPT format then loaded windows file that i had downloaded from the website.
  2. F12 enabled and disabled in bios
  3. Disabled secure boot and enabled it as well.
  4. tried 3 different USB's just to make sure its not a faulty usb.
  5. Tried cloning using windows software. Everything copies perfectly and the new SSD i am trying to install windows on shows up in information tab but doest show up in boot or Boot F12 mode
  6. Usb only shows up in the boot tab for a moment after i enable the "USB wake on S4 support" but when i go into F12 its not there and when i go back into BIOS its gone.
  7. Tried using the other 2 USB port when i went into Bios but still nothing. i thought it might have been the USB port i used which was fauty but its not the case.
  8. Went onto the Acer site to see if there are any BIOS/Firmware updates for Model N19C1 but i could not find any so im assuming they stopped making updates for this 2019 laptop.

Can someone please help me. i have been at this for 2 days now :(A step by Step guide with be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options

Have you tried the windows media creation toolkit? It seems to have a higher success rate then Rufus for the Acer boot loader for some reason, not 100% sure why though

Settings wise, secure boot on, and in theory, reformat the usb with a full format to fat32 and gpt, then it should be bootable . Can't remember if CSM is on or off , pretty sure off

Media creation tool kit all the way though, it just seems to work better ( probs some ms trickery)

• Dinesh0705
    Options

Hey There, reply on your comment. IF you are reffering to the Media creation tool on the microsoft website that allows you to download and create a bootable USB then i have tried that. My laptop doesnt pick the usb up as a bootable device. so i have also tried downloading from microsoft the ISO file and tried using Rufus to convert to GPT- NTFS but i will try the GPT-FAT32 and get back to you. I have attached pics of my BIOS, pleaase if you could check and let me know if the settings are right. I would appreciate it. Thanks alot for responding.

• Dinesh0705
    Options

ok i have used the media creation tool to download and tried to instal but it still wont pick up the USB is there some sort of file im missing here? i read somewhere that thee might be intel files i woyuld need to download in order fro BIOS to read the usb. is this right? if so then what/where can i find these files please?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Your Rufus image isn't correct. It should look like this:

With apporpriate differences in the name of your flash drive and the name of the Windows install image. It looks like you had Rufus set to create an ISO image, not write an ISO image to the flash drive.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options

The intel is to be able to see the nvme drive, also noticed in your Rufus NTFS is selected, I think it has to be fat32 still for the bios to see it :)

Secure boot should be enabled as well! Once reformatted to fat32 and re burned, tap f12 rather than going into the bios and see if it's listed as a boot device.

I don't get why it's so fidly with modern boot laoders! It used to just work with anything aha