acer predator heillos 300 Can i overclock display refresh rate

Yoski
Yoski Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hello ihave acer predator heillos 300 2018 it have i7 8750h and gtx 1060 6gb and ihave 60hz display can i overclock it to 7

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,417 Trailblazer

Hi @Yoski It is not possible, higher refresh rates must be allowed by the controller, the connection cable (HDMI or DP) and the graphics card itself.

If you do not have an option greater than 60Hz it is because some of the three previous circumstances prevent it.

What model of Helios 300 do you have exactly?

What version of Windows do you have?

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Pop_Rockz
    Pop_Rockz Member Posts: 40 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited March 2023

Depends on the display panel. Usually I see this with very high end laptops only. But it ends up shortening the lifespan of your display panel. If you want 120hz or 144hz display for your laptop then you can buy it online. Here is the guide on how to change it. The video's description also provides links to buy various display panels compatible with your laptop.

Among the list, this one is considered the best panel for Helios 300 2018 model. Its FHD 120hz with 94% NTSC color gamut (100% sRGB, 96% DCI-P3, 87% AdobeRGB): https://www.panelook.com/modeldetail.php?id=33306