NitroN50 Replacing old ram causing a continuous beeping noise Reverting fixes it How can I fix this?

AdamskyPadamsky
AdamskyPadamsky Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi there, currently the PC/desktop I use is an prebuilt not custom Acer Nitro N50-610 but I am have trouble related to upgrading RAM. These are the the specs of my PC:

Acer Desktop model: Acer Nitro N50-610
CPU: Intel i5-10400F
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650
RAM before the upgrade: 12 GB Ram (the ram is from Micron and has a 4 GB stick and an 8 GB stick)
Motherboard: ACER DB.E1Z11.001 with Intel H470 Chipset. The motherboard has 4 RAM slots available and they are all DDR4 slots.

Yesterday, I bought a Corsair Vengence LPX 32 GB (2 sticks of 16 GB) RAM that has the speed of 3200 MHz and would be limited to 2666 MHz for me. I put the new RAM sticks correctly and in the exact slots where the 12 GB were but when I would turn on the pc with the new ram installed, it would do a non stop beeping noise and wouldnt start boot or connect to the display/monitor. When I put the old 12 GB of Ram in, it still didn't work so this is obviously an issue related to the new RAM. What can I do to fix this and be able to use my new ram? Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,933 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023

Your new Corsair ram is the reason for the beeping codes, and also 12GB (4GB + 8GB modules) is not a correct ram combination for this desktop and will not make this desktop perform to the ram modules full specs, the Corsair ram is the wrong ram and that is why you get the beeps and your PC will not boot up, look at the below Acer N50-610 SG memory and DIMMs #1 to #4 memory module correct combinations for your desktop and populate these DIMMsthat way..

I would strongly suggest that you do the Crucial System Scan and also look at this Crucial scan Acer NITRO 50 N50-610 RAM & SSD Upgrades as this scan is for your N50-610 desktop and its results is what Crucial recommends for your desktop, which and also Crucial 100% guarantees to work, and as you can see, its totally different and a higher capacity ram to the Acer oem SG N50-610 specs, the Crucial suggested ram upgrades are for a newer ram technologie for your desktop and I suggest that you follow their guide for the N50-610 ultimate performance.

Note: don’t use LPX, XPT overclocked ram like the “Corsair Vengence LPX 32 GB (2 sticks of 16 GB) RAM” as that is an overclocked ram and its not compatible with your desktop. Only use either the Acer ram below or the Crucial ram, and if you want a total of 128GB max total ram in the N50-610 then use the 4x 32GB DDR4-3200 • CL=22 • NON-ECC • UDIMM • 288-pin • 1.2V • 2Rx8 • PC4-25600 modules and whatever other ram total memory you want from their list. Or for 32GB total ram use 2x 16GB DDR4-3200MHz CL22 ONLY ram!

This is the N50-610s ram DIMM combinations setup for all ram total sizes, the 32GB is highlighted for your information but 12GB (4GB + 8GB) is NOT a ram total that is recommended for this desktop.