Ghosting on 3D enabled games and videos

Options
AngeloDark92
AngeloDark92 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter

I was wondering how many people see ghosting around bright objects when the image is dark and viceversa. I don't know if my monitor has too much of this issue or if this is normal with all the spatiallabs monitors. I have also started noticing a trail behind this ghost image, probably the overdrive for lower input lag kicking in…

Answers

• Tokyo01
    Tokyo01 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options

Hi AngeloDark92 - I see some ghosting as well depending on the brightness level. At times I think it is a bit annoying. Noticed that there was a lot less ghosting in some of the games after these were upgraded from 3D + to 3D ultra, so so assume it is something that can be adjusted somehow.

• AngeloDark92
    edited March 2023
    Options

I am playing Kena and Gow which are both 3D Ultra games . The ghosting has gotten worse since I started the games. God of war had little to no ghosting only when brighter objects were on darker backgrounds, same for Kena. Now I can even see the opposite, when a dark object is on a bright background I see outlines of the object, so the problem has gotten worse.

Just so we are all in the same page, this is what ghosting is (sometimes called crosstalk because you can see some of what only the other eye should see)

When I move the camera it even gets worse with some smearing on it due to the monitor's overdrive. The monitor hasn't gotten any firmware update, only software or updated configs for games in TrueGame app.

This happens even in the witcher 3 modded with helix so I am more leaning towards either the software that makes the 3d monitor work being more broken than before, or the monitor starting to fail. I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with the game profiles because The witcher 3 did not have this issue before the last update.

I am wondering if my monitor is failing or the updated game profiles are causing this.

• AngeloDark92
    Options

My bad, I had switched to a DP to HDMI converter so I didn't have to disconnect and reconnect the cable every time I had to switch from tv to monitor. The cable turned out to be defective or at least doing something wrong with the image. The ghosting with the original cable is still there but it's much more subtle…

• AJ007
    AJ007 Member Posts: 39 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

I think I read that this is also mentioned in the manual.

I'm happy to hear that it's working again now.