Acer Predator Helios 300 How to choose the right driver for SSD?

HoHoHo
HoHoHo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hi! I was trying to perform a fresh installation of Windows to my Acer Predator Helios 300. In the Windows installation program, the list of disks was empty, so I downloaded the SSD drivers for the laptop (on the Acer website, drivers section) and copied them on the USB drive. Now, there are three drivers (with hide incompatible drivers checked). How do I choose a proper one? (Tried to check which one is installed now, it's not in the list of downloaded as far as I understand)

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer

The only M.2 SSD driver that you need on a separate USB and when you reach the installation section of Win-11 and then you need to click on “Load driver”. I can't give you the exact driver version because you haven’t told us what Helios 300 model you have, but you need to put the Intel IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver” which has the last version, as you need this driver so that the M.2 SSD boot drive can be recognised and then formatted by the Win-11installation process.

• HoHoHo
    HoHoHo Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2023

Steven, the model is Predator PH315-55. Drive is NVMe Micron_3400_MTFDKBA512TFH.