Aspire TC-1760 dual monitor setup?

Hello. I'm having difficulty connecting Both a 24" LG E2360vt led monitor and 43" Hisense R6 series think its model# 43R6109 4k tv.

Both are connected to and to the computer by hdmi. the LG is hdmi 1 and set at default, Hisense hdmi 2 on the back of the computer. I'm accessing the display settings by rightclicking on the desktop and going to “Display”

The LG functions normally. But no matter what settings I use the Hisense wont show up. I've tried different hdmi ports on the tv and its the same result, just keeps asking “Is the connection on?” or something like that and just shows a blank screen. The computer recognises the Hisense is hooked up to it and pulls its information and model #, but it will not display anything. I've tried changing refresh rates on hdmi port 2 to be 30, 60hz, no change. Changed resolutions of both monitors to be 1920x1080p, same blank screen.
Are there updated drivers for the Intel onboard video? where would I find these? Does one hdmi port have priority over the other? should I put the Hisense on HDMI 1?

I would ideally like to have the LG as default monitor and the Hisense as an extended desktop in 4k but would also like to switch to mirroring the desktops in 1080p. Is this possible or do i need to install a discrete gpu?

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

I'm wondering if you've checked the Hisense HDMI with a DVD, Roku, another computer etc ?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

HDMI 1 is HDMI 2.0, HDMI 2 is HDMI 1.4. Perhaps that is the issue, try swapping the monitors to the other port. It doesn't matter which port they are connected to in terms of the default in Windows, that's something you can choose in Display Settings.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.