What GPU could I install in Acer Aspire XC-1660.

TommyEd
TommyEd Member Posts: 4 New User

What GPU could I install in my XC-1660 with a 180 watt power supply?

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Not many, but my impression was the XC-1660 and XC-1660G models all came with 300W supplies. I don't see a 180W supply in the FRU list for those models. Can you share the first ten digits of your serial number (only the first ten) so I can look up your specific SKU? With a 300W supply there are a lot more options… Though this isn't really a gaming rig in any case.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TommyEd

DTBGEK00G2

• billsey

OK, I'm not seeing the DT.BGEK0.0G2 SKU in my references. It might not have been a US model. I do see a DT.BGWEK.00C though, any chance you missed the W?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TommyEd

Sorry yes I did miss the W. It should read, DT.BGWEK00G2

• billsey
    edited March 2023

Where did you purchase it? DT.BGWEK.00G is a valid SKU number, but I don't have access to details on it, so can't verify the power supply size.

Everything I see whows the 300W PSU:

With 300W there are lots of options for a GPU, with 180W there are very few.