I wanted to add more space to my acer nitro AN515-53 Hard drive

SMx
SMx Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Gaming Accessories

Hello, I wanted to add more space to my acer nitro AN515-53 and was curious to see what other owners of similar laptop chose. i see many hard drives but not very experience in computers, so im not sure which one is campatible or is any hard drive campatible? Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

It really depends on what you have now and what your needs are. The AN515-53 models typically came with an M.2 SSD but some had a SATA HDD instead. If you have the SSD and just need more storage for data then dropping a 2.5" SSD in is a decent choice. If you have a HDD then installing a SSD and cloning the disk to it so you boot from the SSD will make a huge difference. If you need lots and lots of storage you might think of going with something like a 2TB SSD in the M.s slot and a BIG HDD in the drive bay…

Specs are that your M.2 slot supports either a (slow) SATA SSD or a 9much faster) NVMe x4 SSD. The system is old enough that though the newer PCIe 4.0 drives will work they will still run at PCIe 3.0 speeds. The drive bay supports a single SATA drive, either 7mm or 9mm thickness.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.