How can I restore Acer aspire sw-5 012 memory?

Options
GODBLESS922
GODBLESS922 Member Posts: 2 New User

i format my Acer aspire sw-5 012 and try reinstall windows 10 x86 but the internal memory is not showing anymore. If I put the USB bootable drive it only shows the drive. The system memory is not showing which I can installed the windows on it, is not showing. Please I need your help

Answers

• GODBLESS922
    GODBLESS922 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

and if I put boot device it only shows the drive only

• anawilliam850
    anawilliam850 Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

It's possible that the internal memory of your Acer Aspire Switch 10 is not being recognized by the system because the drivers for the storage device are missing or not installed properly. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check BIOS settings: Make sure the BIOS settings are set to boot from the internal storage device. To access BIOS, restart your computer and press the F2 or Del key repeatedly during startup. Once you're in BIOS, check the boot order and make sure the internal storage device is listed first.
    2. Check device manager: Go to Device Manager and check if there are any missing drivers for the storage device. To access Device Manager, right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager. Look for any devices with a yellow exclamation mark, which indicates a missing driver. If you find any, try updating the driver or reinstalling it.
    3. Use disk management: If the internal storage device is not showing up in File Explorer, it's possible that it needs to be initialized or formatted. Open Disk Management by pressing the Windows key + X and selecting Disk Management. Look for the internal storage device, right-click on it and select Initialize Disk. Follow the prompts to initialize the disk and then format it.
    4. Check for hardware issues: If none of the above steps work, it's possible that there is a hardware issue with the internal storage device. You may need to replace the device or take the computer to a professional for further diagnosis.

I hope this helps!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Your SW5-012 is old enough that the onboard eMMC drive may have failed. If so it's very likely not worth fixing, since the drive is soldered to the motherboard. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.