Acer predator helios 300 horizontal lines and color flashing to top of screen in ubuntu 22.04

Options
murarikumar57
murarikumar57 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Predator Laptops

I having some problem on my laptop screen of Acer predator helios 300 since today. I am using ubuntu 22.04 since 5 months. This morning i opened my laptop and seen that my screen is splitted into n small horizontal lines and also colors of some non black icon, text or button goes all the way up as shown in the picture. same issue goes with laptop logo screena and boot menu

[Edited the thread to add model name]

the weird part is that when i took screenshot of the screen and view screenshot on my other monitor its completely fine.

please help me.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options

If the external monitor screen seems to be OK, then the LCD video cable or it's connectors on the mainboard and screen are probably the cause. From your photos, I suspect that re-seating the LCD video cable connnectors a few times to help clean the internal contacts will resolve the issue. Another possibility is the video cable wires passing thru the hinge area may be failing from wear and tear of opening and closing the lid too much. Replacement LCD video cables are fairly inexpensive, usually around $25usd.

Jack E/NJ