My tablet ACTAB1022 occasionally starts to flicker.

Options
elkine
elkine Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2023 in Tablets

the model is a ACTAB1022, occasionaly, it starts to flicker in lines of black, not fully, but transparent black if you will, it sometimes even goes fully black, start up, battery, chrome, you think of somewhere on the tablet, it will still flicker or blackout. i need help.

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• elkine
    Options

The flickering usually occurs if it's has a few colors on, these being, black, blue, purple, white (recent one, since i blacked out in settings and its white) and sometimes a few others.

• elkine
    edited February 2023
    Options

my tablet seems screwed, its just on a black screen… i think its unfixble.

(false alarm, its active)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Weird. Did you get that from Curry's?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • anawilliam850
    anawilliam850 Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

The flickering or blacking out issue on your ACTAB1022 tablet could be caused by a number of factors. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Restart your tablet: Try restarting your tablet to see if the issue resolves itself. If it does not, proceed to the next step.
    2. Check the battery: Low battery levels can cause flickering or blacking out on some devices. Ensure that your tablet has enough charge and is not on low power mode.
    3. Disable hardware acceleration: If the issue occurs while using specific apps or programs, try disabling hardware acceleration. This can be done in the settings of the app or program.
    4. Check for updates: Ensure that your tablet's operating system and all installed apps are up to date. Updates often contain bug fixes and improvements that can resolve the issue.
    5. Reset your tablet: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may need to reset your tablet to its factory settings. Back up your important data before performing a reset.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be a hardware problem, in which case you may need to take your tablet to a professional for repair or replacement.

• johnkamina
    johnkamina Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

1. Clear app cache and data: Cache and data buildup in apps can sometimes cause display issues. Go to the Settings menu, select "Apps" or "Applications," find the app that is causing the problem, and tap on it. Inside the app settings, you'll find options to clear cache and data. Try clearing both and see if the issue persists.
    2. Update the operating system: Make sure your tablet has the latest software updates installed. Go to the Settings menu, look for "Software Update" or "System Update," and check for any available updates. Install them if there are any.
    3. Factory reset: If none of the above steps work, you may need to perform a factory reset. Please note that a factory reset will erase all data on your tablet, so make sure to back up any important files before proceeding. To perform a factory reset, go to the Settings menu, select "System" or "General Management," and look for the "Reset" or "Factory Reset" option.