Predator XB273K LV no USB connectivity via USB-C

Options
zeroDots
zeroDots Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 2023 in Predator Monitors

I have my MacBook connected to my monitor via USB-C.

If I plug in a USB-A device to any USB-A port on the monitor, I'm not getting any connectivity there, the computer does not see the device.

Shouldn't the USB-C, that transmits the video data and the Power Delivery, also function as a USB hub so I can plug in my USB devices right into the screen?

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,808 Pathfinder
    Options

@zeroDots try to switch the USB Port Select to Type-C, toggling the USB 3.0 off to see if the USB hub on the monitor works or not.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • zeroDots

Tinkerer

Options

Hey I tried `USB Port Select to Type-C` but same result.

What do you mean by your second sentence that says toggling the USB 3.0 off to see if the USB hub on the monitor works or not.?

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@zeroDots this option

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • zeroDots

Tinkerer

Options

Oh just found it thank you - no difference unfortunately :x

• AnhEZ28
    edited February 2023
    Options

@zeroDots then you can try plugging the Type-C into a different port on the MacBook, or unplug and plug in again that cable on the monitor.

• zeroDots

Tinkerer

Options

No difference :/

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

You don't have the USB-B cable connected to your computer.

It's the one in the bubble upper left, between the two USB-A ports and the USB-C.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • zeroDots

Tinkerer

Options

@billsey sorry I saw your response just now. Can you tell me where this is written in the manual? It seems wrong to have to have the USB-B connected when there is already a USB-C connected. It kind of defeats the purpose of the hub overall if I have to plug in a secondary cable each time anyways.

The whole deal with USB-C usually is that it can transmit power, video as well as data in one cable.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

The USB hub on the monitor is separate from the USB-C circuit. Think of it as just the same as a discrete USB hub. The USB-C port is on a different circuit on the main board in the monitor. Which specific XB273K model do you have? The base XB273K doesn't have USB-C at all… There should be a sequence of letters after the XB273K portion… Likely starting with a S, GP or LV.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.