Acer Predator Orion 5000 P05-615s flickered on my gpu Please help

Options
Alicam
Alicam Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 2023 in Predator Desktops

Hi everyone
Today when i was having a render in blender on my pc it's shut down itself and after that didn't be able to start back again. Maybe it's overheated don't know. But It's been almost an hour and won't start. I pressed long in some moment light is flickered on my gpu then nothing happens. I had it 1.5 years ago. Looks like I don't have warranty .Is there any suggestions?

spec

i9

Rtx 3080

Thank you and waiting your replies

Have a nice day.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Is your desktop the PO5-640, take the bios battery and the ram out and reset the CMOS jumpers (see below) leave all components disconnected for 1 hour and reconnect, as this will reset the motherboard and should work again, also check the PSU if there are no problems with it. If your desktop does not turn on, then there could be numerous problems that you would be best taking your desktop to a technician to analyse the power on problems.

• Alicam

Tinkerer

Options

Hi again,

My model is Predator P05-615s (P05-615s_E)

• Alicam

Tinkerer

Options

Hi again,

My model is Predator P05-615s (P05-615s_E)

How do i reset cmos ? When i take out battery and ram is it automatically resets it self ?

How also do i understand if there is a problem with psu ?

Also when i press the switch on button long then leave it and press it again there is a light flickers on the gpu and turn off quickly.

Thank you for answering.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    edited February 2023
    Options

First take the GPU out and try to boot the desktop without the GPU (the PO5-615s came with the RTX-2070 if that is what your GPU is?) and see if the desktop boots, your i7-10700K CPU has integrated graphics the UHD Graphics 630 that will give you an image without a GPU.

The PO5-615s came standard with 16GB 2x 8GB DDR4 SDRAM modules that are situated in UDIMM slots #1 & #2 see caption below. If the PC doesn’t boot after taking the GPU out, take the second RAM module out from UDIMM #2 and boot the PC, see if the PC boots, if it doesn’t try to boot the PC with changing the other RAM module and put in into UNIMM #1,

PO5-615s RAM slots and numbers

If the above dosen't work, reset the CMOS (like I've shown you above with the other Predator) as you might have a CMOS Checksum error, which is a conflict between the CMOS and BIOS when booting. You can fix this error by following several troubleshooting steps, including restarting the computer, downloading and flashing a BIOS update, resetting the BIOS, and possibly replacing the CMOS battery that you could have a CMOS battery failure, which can cause several issues like, difficulty booting up, can't connect to the internet, or is constantly beeping. Other symptoms include drivers disappearing, peripherals not responding, and the date and time resetting.

With the PSU, you can’t do much, you can only change it for a known working PSU, as its very DANGEROUS for an inexperienced user to test anything on a PSU, be very careful as there are high voltages store inside a PSU that can give you a lethal electric shock if you don't know what you are doing and you earth the transformer.

Typical PSU Anatomy

Try all these things and let us know how you go, as and if the PC works without the GPU then the GPU is faulty and needs repairing as its got memory problems or a faulty mosat or even a GPU chip, which can all be repaired, which I will advise you who can fix that later.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Your Predator PO5-615s has a Clear CMOS jumper:

See if you can see if the PSU fan turns on when you press the power button, also try removing the power cord, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds or so, then plug the cord back in and try to turn it on again. We're trying to determine if the problem is with the power supply or something else.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Alicam

Tinkerer

Options

Hi Billsey

thank you for your reply.

I have tried what you suggested but nothing happens accept quick flickker on gpu light when i switch on the power from the powersupply and nothing happens when i press turn on button. Here you can find the quick snapshot from video what happens when plug out wait and plug in turn on. Weak light is appearing just milliseconds then disappears to dark.

Looks like i have a problem with powersupply.

• Alicam

Tinkerer

Options

Hi Stevengen

thank you for that detailed suggestion.

I kind a afraid that i will brake something. Because of that planning to take to a official technician to fix the issue.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

That is probably best at this point. It could easily be a power supply issue, but it could be almost anything else as well… Just let them figure it out for you.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.