Acer Predator Helios 300 screen is scratched when closed. What should I do?

Options
Some_Guy
Some_Guy Member Posts: 2 New User

I stowed my laptop in a bag for travel, it was left lying down in the back of a car, with nothing on or around it. There was also no substantial bump during the trip that should have damaged it. Upon reaching my destination, I opened the laptop and noticed a scratch or crack running to the corner of the screen. I chose to ignore it at the time and I made the trip back home in the same conditions. No further damage was apparent. However, the next day, despite me babying the laptop until this point, I opened the laptop to see the damage had doubled in size! I have been very cautious with this device and I want to know what is causing this. As far as I know, damage is only done when the laptop is closed. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Options

Hi @Some_Guy Waiting for more answers that can help your query, the problem can also be caused by a difference in pressure, this is when you go from a sea level to a mountain level, another reason may be sudden changes in temperature , in the rear was exposed to cold and heat with a sudden change in temperature?

The last reason that I can think of is a blow, but this has already been commented that it has not happened, although it may be that a previous blow that was not visible at that moment has ended up appearing favored by what I have told you, pressure, temperatures or vibrations.

Greetings.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you provide the computer model and send a photo of the damage?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Some_Guy
    Some_Guy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I did go up mountains on my trips, if that could be the culprit.