About the Acer XZ273U i wanted to use the 240hz feature but it seems to only go up to 144hz

Options
DiamondKing
DiamondKing Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2023 in Monitors

I recently got the Acer XZ273U and i wanted to use the 240hz feature but it seems to only go up to 144hz even though on the box it says it goes up to 240hz. is there something I'm not getting?

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Give us more details, what are you connecting this monitor to, a laptop with what model gpu or a desktop with what model gpu, what OS Win-10 or 11 and what cord are you using to connect this monitor to your PC, as these are all important things. The 240Hz refresher rate can only be achieve through a DP or a HDMI port and with the following:

1. HDMI 2.0 cables it can handle up to 240 Hz when using 1080p resolution, 144 Hz when using 1440p resolution, and 60 Hz when using 4K resolution.
    2. HDMI 2.1 cables can handle up to 120 Hz when using 4K resolution and 60 Hz when using 8K resolution. Lower resolutions than 4K can all handle up to 240 Hz when using an HDMI 2.1 cable. These are the rules that your PC and cord have to meet for your monitor to work in 240Hz refresher rates.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Plus your GPU needs to also support the speeds, the cable by itself isn't enough.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.