Battery is not working - ConceptD CN715-71P

Hi,

I have a problem with my Acer's battery - it's not working anymore. The laptop model is ConceptD CN715-71P and the battery is AP18JHQ. I'm using it for almost 1 year, but I got it second-handed and it has no warranty.

The issue started very suddenly, one night I put my laptop to sleep and it was running extremely slow at the morning, just like my old laptop when it was working on battery. When I unplugged the charger it turned off immediately and I knew there was some kind of issue with the battery (or power management part on MB).

I have tried to fix it in any way that I found. I reset the battery, removed it, bios one too, pressed the power button, uninstalled drivers, updated system and everything above in all configurations. As you might suspect it didn't work.

The battery is not charging, its LED is flashing slowly and the CPU frequency is fixed to 0,78GHz. It seems to be reset after pressing the reset button - the LED stays lit, but when I turn the laptop on it starts flashing again. It has no voltage on output both while connected and disconnected, but it communicates without any problem, the system is not reporting any issue and the charge is displayed correctly (I discharged it a little bit and the % was updated). Without the battery, everything works just fine, but moving the laptop is really a pain in the ***** (I'm using the laptop, not the PC because it happens quite often).

Can you tell me if there should be voltage on the output line when it is disconnected? Or when it is enabled? Is there a way to determine if it is a faulty battery or motherboard issue before I spend $$ on wrong part?

Answers

• Hello! Have you checked the battery output voltages with a multimeter and also checked the bios version? KBC stands for keyboard battery control:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • WhatIsMaxLetterNumbe
    WhatIsMaxLetterNumbe Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for your reply :) I have the newest, 1.9 version installed. I have measured the voltage and there is none, either while plugged or unplugged

• Can you test with another battery?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)