G277HL Abidx - Did my monitor die or did the PS? or both?

Options
ComputerDave
ComputerDave Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, looks like my G277HL Abidx monitor might have died on me last night. I was watching something from the HDMI source when it went blank and then when I tried turning it back on it only displayed the acer logo for a few seconds and then went black and restarted, then logo again, then restart, etc. I unplugged everything and let it sit overnight and when I went back this morning and just reconnected the power, now it won't turn on at all. I checked the power supply block and noticed there's an LED on it that wasn't lit, so I unplugged it from the wall and plugged it back in, the LED lit up green. Tried the monitor again, still wouldn't turn on. Unplugged power from the back of the monitor and plugged it back in, the LED on the PS went out (it was lit while it was plugged in, until I unplugged from monitor and reconnected, then it went out). Unplug from the wall, green LED turns back on. If the power is not connected to the monitor when unplug/replugging the PS from the wall, the LED lights green momentarily then goes out. I don't know if it's supposed to show continuity to the monitor (i.e. doesn't see it so light goes out) or if it supposed to show that the PS is working properly, and can't find anything about it online, so I'm he to ask the experts. Really can't afford a new monitor right now, so I'm hoping maybe it's just the PS and I can order a replacement fairly inexpensively. Any help would be appreciated - thanks in advance.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options

I unplugged everything and let it sit overnight and when I went back this morning and just reconnected the power, now it won't turn on at all. I checked the power supply block and noticed there's an LED on it that wasn't lit, so I unplugged it from the wall and plugged it back in, the LED lit up green.

The green power indicator light was off the 1st time you plugged back in. But then the green light came on the 2nd time you plugged it back in. This suggests intermittant power plug, cord or receptacle issue. Do you have another power cord?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

I wonder if there's an overload circuit built into the power supply, unplugging and replugging would do a reset on that circuit if there is one…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.