I am confused with ''fps calculator I put my CPU (Intel core-9300H) and it said like 4x fps

Petah
Petah Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited February 2023 in Nitro Gaming

So I had my PC for some time and one day I tried the ''fps calculator,, and I put my CPU (Intel core-9300H) and it said like 4x fps than I have now.

So I look at the descriptions and see that the exact same procesor I put there has 4 cores and mine has only 1

Can anyone tell me why.

I'm so confused.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@Petah yes, it is safe. After the restart, they will be reinstalled automatically.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28

@Petah can you post the screenshot that tells your CPU has 1 Core?

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • Petah

Tinkerer

sorry my PC isn´t in english but the top left number is the number of the precessors @AnhEZ28

• Petah

Tinkerer

Also there is some information and number of procesors from official Intel site @AnhEZ28

• AnhEZ28

@Petah I see, I also have the exact same CPU and it shows 8 Processors in the task manager. Does yours show the same thing?

• Petah

Tinkerer

sorry again it's not in english but the top thing is base speed below it is sockets then cores then logical processors and the the cache

@AnhEZ28

• AnhEZ28

@Petah firstly, uncheck this box

Then, go to the device manager, and uninstall everything in the Processor tab. Restart the laptop to see if the number of Cores and Processor are back.

• Petah

Tinkerer

edited February 2023
  • AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓

@Petah yes, it is safe. After the restart, they will be reinstalled automatically.

• Petah

Tinkerer

@AnhEZ28 So I did it and nothing has changed it is still showing one processor :(

• AnhEZ28

@Petah is this box still unchecked after the restart? Try to also update the chipset driver.

• Petah

Tinkerer

So I looked at the box and its checked and I updated the chipset driver, but it says it's in the best version

What can I do now?

@AnhEZ28

• AnhEZ28

@Petah has this error happened recently or a long time ago?

• Petah

Tinkerer

Yes it is happening like over 1 and a half years

But before that it all ran smooth

@AnhEZ28

• Petah

Tinkerer

@AnhEZ28

so this problem is here about a 2 or 1 and half years .

And it's getting on my nerves really quick, so I would really appreciate some assistance :)

• AnhEZ28

@Petah if that core number glitch doesn't affect the performance, just leave it. Or else, back up all the data and reset the PC.

• Can you provide the exact model of your computer? Example an515-55-5789.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Petah

Tinkerer

Hello.

I am not an PC expert so I don't really know where t find it.

So please tell me where I could find it :).

@egydiocoelho

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Petah

Tinkerer

Sorry for not responding

I'd like to know some information about the reset (like:should I keep my personal files?, is it gonna help with the performance?, is it really worth it? etc……)

@AnhEZ28

• Reinstalling may fix some bugs. Can you try to reinstall windows by pressing alt+f10 before the acer logo?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer